To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The Uruguay international scored 31 league goals last season as the Reds ran Manchester City a close second in the Barclays Premier League. However the controversial 27-year-old left for Barcelona in a £75million deal earlier in the summer. Press Association Without Suarez there is an assumption Liverpool will not be as effective but Rodgers does not think that will be true. “The game is all about opinion and every team is forensically looked at in terms of what they will produce or not,” Rodgers said. “Luis was a world-class talent but we scored 101 goals last year and 70 of those came from other parts of the team. “Every big team will lose a top player at some point but no-one is bigger than the club. “If the fear factor is taken out of us that will be seen over the course of the season but for us there is no change.” Liverpool beat Borussia Dortmund 4-0 in a friendly last weekend, a result that gave Rodgers plenty of cheer. “You saw against Dortmund we have goals in the team,” Rodgers said. “We had evidence of that last season as well and over the two years I’ve been here when Luis hasn’t played we have won most of our games. Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists his side have not lost their fear factor following the departure of striker Luis Suarez – but he is still looking for a top-class replacement. “We had nearly a 70 per cent win rate in the Premier League last year which is a fantastic achievement and we hope to continue that.” Despite Rodgers’ assertion that he has enough firepower left in the team, he is still actively trying to bring in another centre-forward before the window closes. “We needed to improve the squad in the various areas of the team and that is what we have done,” he added. “We haven’t brought in another striker other than Rickie Lambert but we aim to do that. “It is not as if there is any panic buying – the money is there. “That would have been whether Luis was here or not, but with him gone we wanted to improve that top end of the field and that is something we will look to do right until the end. “If we don’t, it means the right player hasn’t become available for us, and if that is the case we will continue with the group we have and I will be happy to go into the season with that team.” Liverpool are still waiting to confirm the signing of Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno for £12million. He will not be available for Sunday’s opening match at home to Southampton, and there are a couple of other loose ends to be tied up on other moves in and out. Moreno’s arrival will take Rodgers’ summer spending beyond £100million, although much of that is offset by the Suarez transfer, and he admits much of his business has been done with an eye on the future. “We are nearly done. We have one or two more things to complete,” said the Reds boss. “If we can add one or two more to the areas we want to we will have had a great window and it will set us up. “This summer will probably be our biggest window for the next couple of years. “We are looking to make this a sustainable team for the next five to 10 years. “We have brought in a lot of young talent so we are trying to look after the now but also the future of the team. “We had a sustained challenge on the Premier League last season with 12 or 13 players so, irrespective of what happened with players going out in the summer, we needed more depth. “I am really happy and pleased with the players we have brought in as that will allow us to cope with injuries and competitions.” While he is building for the future Rodgers denied any knowledge of reports of a new lucrative contract for 19-year-old England winger Raheem Sterling. “It is the first I’ve heard of it. He is a young player that will be looked after at the club but you know more than me if that is the case,” said the Northern Irishman. Meanwhile, Portugal midfielder Joao Carlos Teixeira, 21, has joined Brighton, managed by former Reds defender Sami Hyypia, on loan for the season.
Related Articles Submit Digitain has agreed a deal with Betsoft Gaming to integrate the supplier’s full suite of slots and table games into its product portfolio.Suren Khachatryan, DigitainThe platform provider, which recently launched new online sportsbook products in both Austria and Bosnia, will now be able to offer titles such as Sin City Nights, Birds and The Tipsy Tourist to its operator partners, in addition to a range of table games including blackjack and poker.Suren Khachatryan, Digitain CEO, said: “Joining forces with Betsoft Gaming allows us to strengthen our game portfolio with a wide range of new titles and themes. We already offer our partners more than 1,000 games, one of the widest selection on the market.“We also understand the need to balance quantity with quality, which is one of the reasons we partnered with Betsoft. Their games are up there with the best when it comes to mechanics, design, and themes.”Anna Mackney, Account Manager at Betsoft, commented: “This is a huge opportunity for us to put our games in front of more players all over the world. Digitain has impressive expansion plans for the coming year, and we are delighted to be working with them as they enter new markets.”The Digitain Gaming Platform, which includes an integrated payment gateway, bonus engine and CRM system, allows operators to plug-in sportsbook, casino, live dealer, and virtual sports modules. Digitain and LSports double up for simulated tennis roll out June 30, 2020 Share Share Why reliability of service is an integral part of TVBET’s strategy August 6, 2020 StumbleUpon SBC Webinars and Digitain present Finding Value in Untapped Markets July 14, 2020