Beautifully renovated and all your for $1.125 millionMore from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home4 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor4 hours agoThe home is a classic circa 1890, two-level, terrace house with four-bedrooms, three-bathrooms, three-car parking and two-street access.The catch? It’s set on just 182sq m, so the money you save on a mower could go towards the $1.125 million asking price. The home is a classic example of a circa 1890 cottage.The fully restored home also featured beautiful high ceilings, vintage oak stairs, French doors, verandas and deck, and views across the suburb to distant mountains. A room with a view — not starring Helena Bonham Carter.The home last traded in April 1998 for $175,000 and attempts to sell for ‘over $1 million’ last year failed, but with inquiry for high quality inner-city real estate on the rise, a new owner might be just around the corner. Follow Kieran Clair on Twitter @kieranclair 23 Belgrave Street, Petrie Terrace could be Brisbane’s smallest freehold lot currently on the market.‘Good things come in small packages’ as demonstrated by this listing at 23 Belgrave St, Petrie Terrace. A great place to get away — and all within two kilometres of the CBD.
A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Related Posts Tags:#Google#Government#privacy#web A couple weeks ago, we ran down the list of parties investigating and suingGoogle for its allegedly inadvertent capture of private user information. That list may be on the verge of growing exponentially. Last Thursday, the New York Times reported, 30 U.S. states’ attorneys general held a conference call to decide whether they should join together to launch a comprehensive, shared investigation of Google. The call was led by Richard Blumenthal, Connecticut’s AG and one of the first to investigate the search company. He told the Times that more than the 30 states on the call were interested but that some were unable to call in. A request for comment was sent to a Google spokesperson and to one of AG Blumenthal’s press officers. If we receive responses from either, we will post it here. Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting curt hopkins 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. E.T. returns to earth, reunites with grown-up Elliott in new ad Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight So far, joining Johnson in the Alab Pilipinas roster are reigning ABL Local MVP Bobby Ray Parks and returning Heritage Import Lawrence Domingo. View comments Read Next LATEST STORIES Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president MOST READ Eustaquio shrugs off close loss, hopes to be included in Manila card Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC FILE PHOTO – TNT Import Ivan Johnson. PBA IMAGESAlab Pilipinas is bringing in the big guns this as it signed up Ivan Johnson as its first World Import for the coming Asean Basketball League season.The menacing 6-foot-8 bruiser is undoubtedly a huge addition for the Philippine team and immediately propels the squad among the favorites.ADVERTISEMENT Johnson has proven to be a winner having led TNT to a PBA title in the 2015 PBA Commissioner’s Cup.The former NBA veteran returned to the PBA the following year, but was handed a lifetime ban, which was later downgraded to a one-year suspension by the league after disrespecting commissioner Chito Narvasa.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutJohnson last saw action for Sagesse in the Lebanese Basketball League, where he averaged 17.3 points on 33 percent shooting from three, on top of 7.8 rebounds last season.The 33-year-old, though, is expected to be in a better state of mind for the regional tournament with Jimmy Alapag, a respected figure not only in the Philippines but also in Asia, calling the shots for Alab. Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:18Sangley airport to be operational in 7 days – Tugade02:46Makabayan bloc: Duterte suspension order on rice importation only a ‘media stunt’01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Lazar Markovic agents working on Liverpool exitby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLazar Markovic’s agents are on the lookout for a new club for the Liverpool midfielder.The Serbian midfielder has spent the first-half of the season with the club’s U23 squad after being informed by manager Jurgen Klopp he was not a required player.There had been talk of a move to Fiorentina, but that trail has run cold after their swoop for Sevilla attacker Luis Muriel.However, Markovic remains determined to find himself a new club and a return to Portugal has been mooted.The midfielder joined the Reds from Benfica four years ago.
Jim Harbaugh keeps incredible eclectic company. After hosting a wide-range of athletes and celebrities like Derek Jeter, Migos, and Jim Leyland at Michigan’s massive National Signing Day Event, the Michigan head coach has spent time with Willie Mays and Justin Timberlake. A few of those groupings are strange, but nothing tops being photobombed by comedian Larry The Cable Guy while taking a picture with saxophonist Kenny G during an event at Pebble Beach.Hell ya that’s @officialkennyg and @GitRDoneLarry pic.twitter.com/T9ormn42RD— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) February 13, 2016Bill Murray and Toby Keith were also around.Pebble Beach is how you think it is, Awesome! @GitRDoneLarry @TobyKeithMusic pic.twitter.com/UoOCuoC0Kg— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) February 13, 2016Harbaugh lives a pretty interesting life in the off-season.[SB Nation]
Advertisement Advertisement THE JUST FOR LAUGHS FESTIVAL PRESENTED BY VIDEOTRONIN ASSOCIATION WITH LOTO-QUÉBECThe Just For Laughs Festival would like to thank its public partners: Government of Canada, Destination Canada, Gouvernement du Québec, City of Montréal and Tourisme Montréal for their support.The Just For Laughs Festival runs from July 12th-31st, 2017 in Montreal, Canada.FIND US ON SOCIAL #JFLMTLFacebook: @justforlaughsTwitter: @justforlaughsInstagram: @justforlaughs + New Solo Shows Added!Our last Gala host this year is Lilly Singh!Canadian comedian, entertainer and YouTube sensation Lilly Singh (aka IISuperwomanII to her 11 million subscribers worldwide) first broke out into the comedy ether via her inspirational YouTube videos. Now she has appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, in feature films like Bad Moms, collaborated with big names such as Seth Rogen, Selena Gomez, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Priyanka Chopra, and has written a New York Times Best Selling Book, entitled How to be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life. This Forbes 30 under 30 nominee is not only a successful entrepreneur, but she is a comedic force to be reckoned with. Don’t miss her star-studded Gala on Sunday, July 30, 7:00 PM at Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier at Place des Arts. Facebook Just For Laughs is presented by Videotron, in association with Loto-Québec.Videotron presents OFF-JFL & Zoofest in collaboration with Pabst Blue Ribbon.Tickets on sale now!For tickets by phone, online or in person:The Just For Laughs Box Office, 514-845-2322, hahaha.com presented by VideotronLooking for the best way to experience the Just For Laughs Festival? Get a JFLMTL Pass! Available passes include: the JFL 2-Show Pass for $99.99, 3-Show Pass for $139.99, and 5-Show Pass for $215. Each pass includes one free ticket every day from July 25th-29th some restrictions apply).
Now that Telluride is over and Venice is winding down, it’s time to turn our attention to a huge film festival that re-screens films from other festivals while also premiering a host of interesting fare. It’s time for the Toronto International Film Festival, where much of the fall movie season is unveiled, where awards campaigns take flight and sputter out, and where, at least once, Blake Lively played a blind person. What awaits us at this year’s festival? Let’s take a look.The New StuffT.I.F.F. screens something like 400 films (and this is after an initiative to reduce the size of its slate), so this is by no means a comprehensive list of what’s on offer; some things are bound to get missed or overlooked. The first Thursday of the festival sees the premiere of On Chesil Beach, an adaptation of a slim, devastating little Ian McEwan novel, starring Saoirse Ronan, who will also have Telluride hit Lady Bird at the festival. Chesil Beach has a pretty small profile at the moment, but as Brooklyn proved two years ago, you should never underestimate a small period literary adaptation starring Saoirse Ronan.Charlie Hunnam stars in a remake of prison escape drama Papillon, co-starring Rami Malek. The director is a Danish guy who has mostly done documentaries, so who knows what to expect. But that cast has me intrigued. I’m similarly curious about Outside In, starring Edie Falco and Jay Duplass and directed by Lynn Shelton, whose Your Sister’s Sister and Laggies I love. Also, any chance to see Falco on the big screen is one we should all take. Advertisement Facebook Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Advertisement There’s no way I’m missing Molly’s Game, because why wouldn’t I be curious about a movie written and directed by Aaron Sorkin (making his directorial debut, no less) and starring Jessica Chastain as a woman running a high-class underground gambling ring? Could be a mess, could be brilliant. I’m hoping for the latter.I feel the same way about I, Tonya, the Tonya Harding biopic starring Margot Robbie as the scandal-plagued Olympic figure skater. The film is directed by Craig Gillespie, who’s had an erratic career, veering from twee indie (Lars and the Real Girl) to horror remake (the actually pretty good Fright Night), from a Disney sports dud (Million Dollar Arm) to a Disney rescue dud (The Finest Hours). So who knows what I, Tonya will be. Though, when I interviewed Allison Janney, who plays Harding’s mom in the film, earlier this year, she told me, “I get to do some of the cruelest, darkest comedy I’ve ever been a part of. I have high hopes for it.” That sounds promising, right?You know what else sounds promising? Kate Winslet and Idris Elba bonding, and possibly doing it, on top of a mountain. Which is just what happens in The Mountain Between Us, a plane-crash survival thriller that is such a weird choice for both actors, but what the hell. I must find out what this movie is all about—meaning, whether or not they do it on top of that mountain—so I will be first in line in Toronto.I’m a bit more reserved about Brie Larson’s directorial debut, Unicorn Store, a comedy about a wacky young artist who has to prove she’s worthy of taking care of an actual unicorn when a mysterious store owner played by Samuel L. Jackson offers her one. That sounds like . . . a lot. But a lot isn’t necessarily bad! Twitter
LieStrong. That’s how you summarize the disappointment of something being too good to be true. That’s what you call a “cocktail, so to speak, [of] EPO … transfusions and testosterone” that allows you to win the hardest race in the world. That’s what you call “one big lie, that [was] repeated a lot of times.” And for now it seems, that’s what a once-special message of empowerment and inspiration has been reduced to amid the surging news of Lance Armstrong’s confession to using performance-enhancing drugs. On Monday, it was revealed that Armstrong finally admitted, in some capacity, to doping during an interview with Oprah Winfrey — it aired for the first time Thursday at 9 p.m. on the Oprah Winfrey Network. The confession was not the first stick in the spokes for Armstrong – he has been the subject of various doping allegations for more than a decade. In October, his seven consecutive Tour de France titles were vacated due to the allegations and he was banned from competition for life. In recent sports history, the prevalence of steroid-use has become basic sports knowledge. We’ve seen it many times – from the forfeiture of Marion Jones’ five Olympic medals to the discussion of whether to add an asterisk on Barry Bonds’ home run record. We’ve heard the “I was just trying to keep up” or “Everyone was doing it” excuses repeatedly, and many times we’ve sympathized and forgiven these transgressors. But for some reason, this time is different. This time I’m offended. We’re talking about an incredible story. This was a guy who, only 25 years old, was diagnosed with aggressive cancer that had spread extensively – including to his lungs and brain. Against all odds, he beat it. After starting an immensely popular foundation that supports cancer survivors, he did the impossible again by winning the Tour de France so many consecutive times that he needed two hands to show us. He was the good guy. The one you wanted to root for. You didn’t have to know a thing about cycling to love Armstrong and everything he stood for. The wristbands were cool too. So it stings to know with certainty that he cheated. But it doesn’t end there. As details continued to surface, we learned that Armstrong channeled the same intense desire to survive cancer into keeping his cheating hidden at all costs. We learned that he’s not the good guy we thought he was. It was all just a shameless case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The indications of various investigations and reports are disturbing. They assert that for years he viciously attacked and destroyed the reputations of friends and former-teammates who spoke out against him. He sued those with the courage to accuse him for libel and took their money when he won – knowing they had told the truth. He made suspicious monetary contributions to cycling regulation organizations, presumably to conceal his doping. As a captain, he led his team in a ruse that has been described by he U.S. Anti-Doping Agency as “the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen.” It’s playing out like a “Law and Order” episode, and it’s pretty clear that he’s the bad guy at the end. It was expected that his admission of guilt Thursday night would be limited, so as to minimize the legal repercussions of aggressively lying for over a decade. When asked by Oprah, “Did you ever take banned substances to enhance your cycling performances?” His answer was simple. “Yes.” So he did confess, but there were conflicting cues throughout; as if he had more disdain for getting caught than actually doing it. As the interview rolled on, it was the words Armstrong wouldn’t say – a truly sincere “I’m sorry” with the details to support it – that spoke louder than anything else. The tangential mentions of feeling justified and unfairly accused were other indications that he still hasn’t come to terms. We needed him to show true remorse, maybe not to the extent that guilty children do when they rub one leg behind the other and avoid eye contact, but close. Something meaningful. Anything. Instead, we watched Armstrong, with pursed lips, talk about a “flawed man” and a “bully” as if he were speaking about a bad-egg son. The personal ownership and responsibility were lacking – just as it has been for years. The interview was a pedal in the right direction, but there needed to be more. Maybe we’ll see that in the second part of the interview that airs Friday on the Oprah Winfrey Network. There’s no doubt in my mind that Armstrong is a phenomenal athlete. Perhaps he was the greatest cyclist of all time and the most dominant we’ve ever seen an athlete be in their sport. But we’ll never know because he cheated. It’s that simple. But it doesn’t seem that even Armstrong, a self-described “fierce competitor,” believes that he was the best. “Do you think it’s humanly possible to win the Tour de France, without doping, seven times in a row?” asked Oprah. “Not in my opinion,” he responded. So maybe we shouldn’t believe it either. Armstrong has a long race to redemption, and whether he finishes is something that remains to be seen. Until then, in my mind, there’s an important modification that needs to be made because it wasn’t a miracle – much less one that happened seven times: LiveStrong*.
Former Liverpool striker Djibril Cissé has revealed that Zinedine Zidane tried to convince him to join Real Madrid in 2002Cissé rose to prominence at French club AJ Auxerre and he twice finished top of the Ligue 1 scoring charts in his six seasons of senior level football at the club.After scoring 70 times in 128 games for Auxerre, a £16m deal was announced for Cisse by Liverpool in 2004.But the Frenchman claims that the Reds were not the only club interested in him at the time.“In my final year at Auxerre, I had already signed a pre-contract with Liverpool. And in 2002, during the Japan & South Korea World Cup, I got settled in my room with Sylvain (Wiltord),” he told RMC Sport.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“I am in my room all alone at this point, and I hear a knock on the door. It is Zizou (Zidane) and I am like ‘oh no, what have I done, I am 20, I have only just arrived, why me.’ He says sit down I need to speak with you.“Zizou says that at Real Madrid we are interested in you, that we want you to come and play for us. I look at him, I say honestly, I don’t know how to say no to you, but I have already signed a pre-contract… and even in training (at Real Madrid) I wouldn’t be good enough to be in the squad, look who was playing then.“I thought it was impossible if I joined Real Madrid, it would stop my progress. Van Nistelrooy was still there. I didn’t think it was the right club for me. I signed for Liverpool. People speculated a lot and said I could have joined a better club.”Cisse managed 24 goals in 79 games for Liverpool and scored a spot-kick in a penalty shoot-out from the club’s famous comeback win against AC Milan in the 2005 Champions League final.Cisse now plays for Italian Serie D side Vicenza.
Star comedian Kapil Sharma’s New Year resolution is to get legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar and cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar to be part of his hit show Comedy Nights With Kapil, where megastar Amitabh Bachchan, superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan and several of the young brigade of actors have made an appearance.Kapil took to micro-blogging site Twitter to share his resolution and even invited requests from fans for his wish to become a reality. “My resolution n dream for 2015… I want @mangeshkarlata @sachin_rt AN @SrBachchan sahib again.. It’s up to u people.. Pls send requests..,” Kapil tweeted Monday. In response to his tweet, Kapil received several requests from people who expressed a desire to see the same.