Donr introduces donation safety net feature From tomorrow Donr is introducing a new text giving feature to help prevent failed donations from slipping through the net.The donation safety net is being automatically enabled on all accounts 19 February, and will see donors whose text donations have failed to go through sent a reply message telling them why their donation was unsuccessful, and offering them the chance to complete their donation by credit or debit card, as well as supply Gift Aid information.Previously, donors could ring the Donr helpline to find out why their donation had failed.The new feature is powered by Stripe, which will charge a card processing fee. This means that while Donr’s 5% fee remains the same, on top of that Stripe will also charge a fee (1.4% of the donation amount plus + £0.20p) to process the donation.However, Donr says, the feature should enable charities to catch donations that might have slipped through the cracks.More information is available on the Donr site. 434 total views, 2 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis About Melanie May Melanie May is a journalist and copywriter specialising in writing both for and about the charity and marketing services sectors since 2001. She can be reached via www.thepurplepim.com. 435 total views, 3 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Tagged with: mobile sms Melanie May | 18 February 2020 | News
WhatsApp DL Debate – 24/05/21 Harps come back to win in Waterford Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA By News Highland – August 3, 2017 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Concern in Killybegs as Bay View Hotel confirms plan to close leisure centre WhatsApp A committee is being formed in a bid to keep the swimming pool and leisure centre at the Bay View Hotel, Killybegs, from closing on September 1st.At a public meeting last night, the hotel’s Managing Director Henry Coleman said the leisure centre had lost €70,000 last year, and €30,000 for the first five months of this year. Such losses, he said, cannot be sustained. He added if the centre cannot be leased within a month, it will close.Deputy Thomas Pringle is stressing there is no threat to the rest of the hotel’s business, and says a number of options are being explored…………….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/thomas.wav00:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Facebook Google+ Homepage BannerNews News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Google+ Previous articleThe best thing for Rory Gallagher was to move onNext articleGreencastle residents highly concerned over severe water dicolouration News Highland Twitter Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Twitter Pinterest Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Facebook Pinterest
Click here if you’re having trouble viewing the slideshow on your mobile device.SAN FRANCISCO — On Saturday, the Warriors play the Lakers in the first game of the preseason and in the new Chase Center.Understanding that players and coaches are not yet in regular-season shape, there are a few things worth monitoring that could provide real takeaways. Atmosphere at the Chase CenterAfter 47 years at Oracle Arena in Oakland, an arena known for its loud home crowd, the Warriors will …
6 April 2010 South Africans from all walks of life have been called on to rally behind the country’s biggest ever HIV Counselling and Testing campaign, to be launched on a date soon to be announced. Mark Heywood, deputy chairman of the SA National Aids Council, said the campaign could save millions of lives, and urged every South African to support it. “We need everyone to give us a chance to succeed in this campaign,” Heywood said. “We can’t afford for this campaign to be a failure.” Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi, outlining his department’s readiness to implement the campaign, said: “We need to stand up and confront our challenge as South Africans.” Through the campaign, the department is targeting South Africans aged 12 and older, with the aim of reaching at least 15-million people by June 2011. Motsoaledi said a number of activities would take place, including the dissemination of information, education and mass mobilization. Other activities will include massive voluntary HIV counselling and testing, wide provision of female and male condoms, and mass skills education for scholars and student. A plan to introduce medical male circumcision on a large scale will also be discussed. “The counseling and testing shall take place at all government hospitals and clinics, all universities and FET [Further Education and Training] campuses, and mobile units will be deployed to villages, rural areas and other remote areas of the country,” Motsoaledi said. He added that the campaign was not only for counselling and testing, but also for blood pressure, hypertension and blood sugar measurement. People will also be screened for tuberculosis. Motsoaledi stressed that HIV testing was confidential, and that people did not need to disclose their status publicly, although he encouraged them to disclose their status to their friends and family. “We are trying to avoid a situation whereby a minister or celebrity discloses his or her HIV status, then the media start chasing other people asking them to disclose,” he said. Source: BuaNews
Now that Telluride is over and Venice is winding down, it’s time to turn our attention to a huge film festival that re-screens films from other festivals while also premiering a host of interesting fare. It’s time for the Toronto International Film Festival, where much of the fall movie season is unveiled, where awards campaigns take flight and sputter out, and where, at least once, Blake Lively played a blind person. What awaits us at this year’s festival? Let’s take a look.The New StuffT.I.F.F. screens something like 400 films (and this is after an initiative to reduce the size of its slate), so this is by no means a comprehensive list of what’s on offer; some things are bound to get missed or overlooked. The first Thursday of the festival sees the premiere of On Chesil Beach, an adaptation of a slim, devastating little Ian McEwan novel, starring Saoirse Ronan, who will also have Telluride hit Lady Bird at the festival. Chesil Beach has a pretty small profile at the moment, but as Brooklyn proved two years ago, you should never underestimate a small period literary adaptation starring Saoirse Ronan.Charlie Hunnam stars in a remake of prison escape drama Papillon, co-starring Rami Malek. The director is a Danish guy who has mostly done documentaries, so who knows what to expect. But that cast has me intrigued. I’m similarly curious about Outside In, starring Edie Falco and Jay Duplass and directed by Lynn Shelton, whose Your Sister’s Sister and Laggies I love. Also, any chance to see Falco on the big screen is one we should all take. Advertisement Facebook Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Advertisement There’s no way I’m missing Molly’s Game, because why wouldn’t I be curious about a movie written and directed by Aaron Sorkin (making his directorial debut, no less) and starring Jessica Chastain as a woman running a high-class underground gambling ring? Could be a mess, could be brilliant. I’m hoping for the latter.I feel the same way about I, Tonya, the Tonya Harding biopic starring Margot Robbie as the scandal-plagued Olympic figure skater. The film is directed by Craig Gillespie, who’s had an erratic career, veering from twee indie (Lars and the Real Girl) to horror remake (the actually pretty good Fright Night), from a Disney sports dud (Million Dollar Arm) to a Disney rescue dud (The Finest Hours). So who knows what I, Tonya will be. Though, when I interviewed Allison Janney, who plays Harding’s mom in the film, earlier this year, she told me, “I get to do some of the cruelest, darkest comedy I’ve ever been a part of. I have high hopes for it.” That sounds promising, right?You know what else sounds promising? Kate Winslet and Idris Elba bonding, and possibly doing it, on top of a mountain. Which is just what happens in The Mountain Between Us, a plane-crash survival thriller that is such a weird choice for both actors, but what the hell. I must find out what this movie is all about—meaning, whether or not they do it on top of that mountain—so I will be first in line in Toronto.I’m a bit more reserved about Brie Larson’s directorial debut, Unicorn Store, a comedy about a wacky young artist who has to prove she’s worthy of taking care of an actual unicorn when a mysterious store owner played by Samuel L. Jackson offers her one. That sounds like . . . a lot. But a lot isn’t necessarily bad! Twitter
Willow FiddlerApril Johnson APTN National NewsVancouver-based filmmakers PD Chalifoux and Michael Auger just wrapped their first feature film, River of Silence.The husband and wife team are the first Indigenous filmmakers to write, produce and direct a feature-length film that tackles the issue of MMIW.“I’d like to think I’m the first,” said Chalifoux, who wrote the screenplay. “There could be somebody somewhere, but not that I know of.”River of Silence tells the story of Helen, a woman who searches for answers after her daughter Tanis sets out to her grandmother’s house on a fictional First Nation, but fails to arrive. The weight of the subject matter is one that Chalifoux knows well. Her grandmother, Angeline Willier went missing in 2000 under mysterious circumstances.For Chalifoux, the process of writing River of Silence took a lot of consideration and help from her family. She initially stayed quiet about the script in order to prevent upsetting her extended family members.“Of course my mom knew and my father, and I think a few of my aunties… but not too many, because I wanted to write it without affecting them or hurting them,” she said. “My mom and dad were along the writing journey with me because I had questions about what happened to my grandmother. I’d ask ‘do you recall this, do you recall that.’ I wanted to be more clear on the circumstances.”From the beginning of the project, Chalifoux had the support of her husband, director/producer Michael Auger.“When I realized that PD was committing to telling a story that was reflective of her experience of losing her grandmother, it felt so right, and felt very powerful. I always knew we could make a feature film,” he said.Auger and Chalifoux said they did their best to create a working environment for their cast and crew during the 13 day shoot. While most days on a film set start with a production meeting, mornings on set of River on Silence started with self-care.“We started each day with a smudge. That really made a difference, even for the people who didn’t know what it was or what it did, but they were feeling its effects, and were coming up and asking for it. I found smudging each day in a big circle really helped us to bond and connect.”That cultural element made a difference to actor Duane Howard, who plays the character of Trevor in the film.“There were a few days where we had to sit down and pray. We prayed before the day started. It’s very comfortable working with a First Nations team,” said Howard. “Because we have a moral understanding of each other and our presence of who we are as First Nations People.”Howard’s career has catapulted since playing the role of Elk Dog in The Revenant. However, it was his previous career as a front line worker that helped prepare him for the emotional weight of the script.“It’s strange, the other main actors were also front line workers,” he said. “We all worked in the helping field. We always checked in with each other all the time. That’s a different thing about this film.”Similar to Chalifoux, Howard has personally lived the experience of being a family member of a missing and murdered indigenous woman.“There were days when I was like ‘wow, I can’t believe I just went through that again.’ I had a few experiences that I had to go back to in my life, and reflect on losses. I had a couple of aunts that were murdered in the early and mid ‘80s. I had to take myself back there.”River of Silence was shot over 13 days in the communities of Merritt, Nooaitch First Nation and Vancouver.Chalifoux and Auger plan to hold semi-private screenings in those communities before submitting the film to international festivals such as ImagineNATIVE, Cannes, and Berlinale.
OTTAWA – Business law experts say it’s highly difficult, if not impossible, to build a firewall around a company’s potentially sensitive data and other intellectual property when it’s the target of a takeover bid.Concerns over access to such information are said to be a key reason why the federal government rejected a Chinese state-controlled company’s bid to acquire the Toronto-based Aecon Group Inc. construction firm.Earlier this week, the Trudeau government cited reasons of national security for its decision to block Aecon’s $1.5-billion purchase by CCCC International Holding Ltd. (CCCI).A senior government source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to the delicate nature of the file, said there were major concerns that the acquisition would have given China access to a wealth of sensitive data and intellectual property held by Aecon from its work on some of Canada’s most-critical infrastructure.Aecon has a long history of construction in Canada and has worked on many key projects such as the CN Tower, Vancouver’s SkyTrain, the St. Lawrence Seaway, the Halifax shipyard, the Toronto subway and the refurbishment of Ontario’s Bruce nuclear power facility.Colin Walker, a managing partner with Crosbie and Company Inc., in Toronto, said buying a company means obtaining all the assets that come with it, including historical information.“Some of those records may be physical and some of them may be in people’s memories — so maybe it’s hard to put a fence around that,” Walker said Friday.“The question might be, what kind of stuff could be there that would be contentious or of interest or damaging or a security threat?”Other experts in the field said that, technically speaking, mitigation agreements can sometimes be part of these deals as a way to try and shield historical information from the buyer.But such an agreement would rely heavily on monitoring and the good faith that parties involved will behave in the way they promised, said one expert, who spoke on condition of anonymity.“To the extent there were concerns about access to this sensitive information, one of the reasons that they don’t always accept these firewall arrangements is that they can’t be guaranteed that people will abide by it,” the expert said.The months-long review by Canada’s intelligence agencies looked at CCCI’s international record and its other, similar transactions and found there was seller’s remorse in some jurisdictions, the government source said.On Thursday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau offered few details when asked about Ottawa’s confidential decision-making process behind the rejection.“They made a very clear recommendation that proceeding with this transaction was not in the national security interests of Canada,” Trudeau said.He suggested the decision was made, at least in part, to maintain Canadian control of key assets — such as the energy grid.In doing so, Trudeau specifically pointed to the case of Australia, where he said people suddenly realized that “a significant portion of their energy grid, for example, is owned and controlled by a government that is not their own.”State Grid Corp., owned by the Chinese government, has sizable power assets in Australia.In 2015, CCCI acquired one of Australia’s largest engineering and construction firms. Five years earlier, it purchased an offshore architecture and engineering firm based in Houston.On Thursday, China’s ambassador to Canada said he was very disappointed with the Trudeau government’s move to reject the takeover — and that he hoped the decision was not guided by “prejudice” towards his country’s state-owned companies.Chinese state-owned enterprises, like CCCI, are no different from multinational firms in western countries in the sense that they want to expand their profits while strictly adhering to the rules of the market, Lu Shaye told The Canadian Press in an interview.Lu warned the move would “attack the confidence” of Chinese investors seeking Canadian opportunities, but said Beijing would remain committed to deepening its ties with Canada.Stewart Beck, president and CEO of the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, said while he thinks it’s important to trust the security-review process, he was “somewhat disappointed” by the outcome because he thinks the Aecon deal would’ve been good for Canada, even though the public might have had concerns with it.A poll by Beck’s organization found that only 11 per cent of Canadians supported investment by Chinese state-owned enterprises.“My hope is that it wasn’t a function of politics,” said Beck, who believes there are implications when it comes to Canada’s business relationship with China.“From my time in China, I’ve learned that the Chinese have a tremendous number of levers that they can pull and you just never know which lever they will pull.”Follow @AndyBlatchford on Twitter
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Today, September 3, is the last day to take part in the B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s survey regarding the services that it provides.The Ministry is looking for public feedback on how it can improve its services across the province, including the provided services within the Peace Region.According to the Ministry of Transportation, the survey is divided into two parts focusing on customer service and the quality of service. The Ministry says the survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.The deadline to take part in the survey is September 3 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.The survey can be found online through the Province’s website.
The Hague: One person was killed while several people were left wounded in a shooting on a tram in the Dutch city of Utrecht on Monday, police said, with local media reporting counter-terrorism police at the scene. “A shooting occurred on the 24 Oktoberplein in Utrecht… Multiple people have been injured. The surrounding area has been cordoned off and we are investigating the matter,” Utrecht police said on Twitter. “It is a shooting incident in a tram. Several trauma helicopters have been deployed to provide help.” Local media showed photographs of masked, armed police and emergency vehicles surrounding a tram that had stopped near a road bridge. Tram traffic in the area was halted, operator Qbuzz was quoted as saying by the ANP news agency.