No conditions attached to St Kitts-Nevis standby arrangement, says IMF

first_img Share Sharing is caring! Map of St. Kitts & Nevis. Photo credit: nevis 1.comBASSETERRE, St Kitts (CUOPM) — There are no conditions attached to the US$84 million standby arrangement which the Washington-based International Monetary Fund (IMF) will give to St Kitts and Nevis over the next three years, a senior IMF official has disclosed.“The good news is there are not really conditions, I think the term conditions is really a misnomer in this particular case,” said Alfred Schipke, the Washington-based Division Chief, Caribbean 1 Division, Western Hemisphere Department of the IMF.Responding to questions from the local press corps, Schipke said the government of St Kitts and Nevis “in its own programme has set itself targets and what we would do with the government jointly is to review the targets on a regular basis.”“The government has put forward a set of complementary reforms and we support them. As a matter of fact, what we will try to do is to demonstrate to the international community all the efforts that the government is making. It is the government’s targets and what we would do is, as we have over the last year or so and on a regular basis discussed on how the government was moving forward with its reform programme,” said Schipke.Caribbean News Now NewsRegional No conditions attached to St Kitts-Nevis standby arrangement, says IMF by: – June 9, 2011 Tweetcenter_img Share Share 29 Views   no discussionslast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *