first_imgDonegal Junior LeagueReportsOld Orchard Saturday Division One Arranmore United 0 Erne Wanderers 3Erne deservedly went away from the Island with all three points to keep their title challenge alive, winning by 3 goals to nil. Michael Ward bagged the first for Erne with a rocket of a left footed shot which found the top corner after 30 minutes. Christopher Mc Glanaghey and Declan Proctor went close for the Islanders and Chris Mc Glanaghey had a great chance after 55 minutes but was brilliantly denied by a low save from Erne custodian Peter Boyle. Conor Proctor tested the keeper minutes later with a cross come shot which Boyle tipped over. Erne grabbed their 2nd when conditions played a part as two home defenders lost their footing and Barry Mulligan fired home from 12 yards. Number three was scored by Michael Ward as he tapped home from two yards when Slevin’s header was tipped onto the crossbar by the home keeper. Mulligan was immense throughout for the visitors while Martin Proctor put in a power of work for the Islanders from start to finishGlencar Celtic 0 St. Catherines Reserves 0 This match was played in atrocious conditions from start to finish. Strong winds and driving rain killed any hope of either team producing any passing football. Glencar had the best of the early exchanges but couldn’t trouble the St Catherines’ keeper. St Catherines had the ball in the net late in the 1st half but it was ruled out for hand-ball.The second half was much the same and with conditions worsening the middle of the park was virtually unplayable and slowed up attacks for both teams. Glencar stared the half brighter and had a couple of crosses into the area but they just couldn’t find the finishing touch. St Catherine’s got a foothold in the game and could have grabbed a late winner with some good pressure. A point apiece was a fair result in the end.Castlefin Celtic Reserves A Donegal Town Reserves ACastlefin got off to a perfect start after 5 minutes. Paddy Dooher’s shot from the left wing found its way into the bottom corner. Donegal Town’s best chance came to Stephen Curneen but Castlefin keeper Simon Mc Menamin was able to clear the danger. Castlefin doubled their lead on 14 minutes. Matthew O’Rourke beat the offside trap and rounded Donegal Town’s keeper to finish calmly to the back of the net. Castlefin made it three on the half hour mark. Mc Menamin’s goal kick found Ronan Tourish who’s shot was saved but Gavin McNulty made no mistake in tapping home the rebound from two yards. Donegal Town pulled one back on 35 minutes, the wind caught Stephen Curneen’s shot helping it into the top corner.Donegal Town pulled another back a minute before half time, David ‘Ted’ Bustard’s header in the box from a corner found the back of the net. As the weather conditions became difficult the game was called off at half time due to water on the pitch. Referee: Andrew MullinGlenree United Reserves 1 Orchard F.C. 7 Prior to kick-off a minutes silence was observed for the late Alfie Ladley, former manager and chairman of Glenree United. Orchard kicked off with the wind at their backs and took control of possession from early on. Glenree defended doggedly until the 30th minute when Niall Bonner beat two defenders and found the bottom corner. Orchard were 2 up five minutes later after some neat build up play was finished well by Eddie McLaughlin. Niall Bonner made it 3 on the stroke of half-time after a good through ball. Glenree started the 2nd half well and Ross Hamlyn was played through by a lovely pass from Kevin Martin. Hamlyn rounded the outrushing keeper to score on 51 minutes. The ever dangerous Bonner got his hat-trick with a quality finish from an acute angle ten minutes later. Peter Blake made it 5-1 after a mix-up in the Glenree defence on 74 minutes. With the game well over as a contest the Glenree defence gifted the Orchard men two late goals scored by Eddie McLaughlin and Krissi McLaughlin. Man of the match was Niall Bonner. Referee: Marty Mc Garrigle.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoMilford United Reserves 2 Curragh Athletic Reserves 2The points were shared in a game where conditions deteriorated from the start. Curragh took the lead after ten minutes when Simon Cromie latched onto a through ball to shoot low past Enda Mc Hugh. Lee Burke equalised on the half hour after a good through ball from Ciaran McGinley. Conditions in the second half meant there was very little football played but Joey Cullen put Milford ahead on fifty five minutes. Milford had several chances to finish the game off but they were caught with Curragh’s only attack of the second half when Gary Heaney slotted home. Game blown up after seventy five minutes due to the worsening conditions. Cranford United Reserves A Drumbar F.C. AThis match between the two teams at the bottom of the Glencar Inn Division Two was abandoned after only thirty minutes due to the pitch becoming unplayable.Ramelton Mariners 2 Drumoghill F.C. Reserves 0Ramelton Mariners played host to Drumoghill Reserves on Saturday. Both sides started brightly on what was a greasy surface. The Ramelton men got on top when central midfielders Diggy, Kevi and Corey won plenty of possession. Packie Durning had two good chances to continue his recent goal scoring run but the visiting keeper saved well. The visitors then broke away and a shot from 20yards was goal-bound only for Kevin Mc Cahill’s finger-tip save, pushing it onto the crossbar. In the 30th minute Ricky Fisher received the ball wide and his cross come shot made its way over the keeper’s head to make it 1-0 to the home side. It was 2-0 on 40 minutes when some fine play on the edge on the box lead to Fisher getting on the ball twelve yards out and his delicate finish to the bottom corner brought his tally to 9 in 8 games. The second half started with the visitors pressing and they could count themselves unlucky as they found the Ramelton keeper in fine form. The Ramelton men had a good shout for a penalty when the Drumoghill left-back seemed to handle inside the area but the referee waved play on. With the rain teeming down both sides agreed with the referee that it was unsafe to carry on. The match was halted on 75minutes. Best for Ramelton were Kevin Mc Cahill and Ricky Fisher. Best for Drumoghill was Michael Lynch.Tullyvinney Rovers A Keadue Rovers Reserves AKeadue took an early lead in this match at the Crossroads. Their lead was short lived however as Tullyvinney struck back within ten minutes. Keadue did regain their advantage but the elements which had persisted from early morning just got worse as time went by and match official Barry Hunter had no option but to abandon the match on thirty seven minutes.ResultsBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionSt. Catherines 1 Kildrum Tigers 1St. Catherine s played host to Kildrum Tigers in Emerald Park on a windy Sunday afternoon. As both teams tried to get the measure of the conditions St. Catherines made the breakthrough when Barry Rose ran onto the ball and into the Kildrum box where he was fouled. Jason Noctor duly dispatched the resultant spot-kick to give the hosts the lead. William Lynch had a chance to equalise on twenty five minutes but he was off target. On thirty four minutes Kildrum were given a great chance to get back on level terms when they were awarded a penalty. Up stepped Jonny Mc Ginty and he put the Saints keeper Michael Mullin the wrong way to make the score line one all with half time approaching. The remainder of the game saw both defences on top in what were condition not suitable for cohesive football. Well done to both sets of players in the circumstances.Drumoghill F.C. 2 Glenea United 1For the second week in succession these two evenly matched sides squared up to each other and Drumoghill again prevailed thanks to first half strikes from Liam O’Donnell and Terence Shiels. Shiels’ goal proved to be the winner after Darren Mc Geever had levelled for Glenea and it was a brilliant header from Shiels that was worthy of winning any contest. Drumoghill though were made to work hard for their points and can thank Richard Tinney, Christopher O’Donnell and David O’Carroll for some heroic defending in the final 20 minutes as Glenea looked to salvage something. One brilliant block from O’Carroll in particular was every bit as important as the goals when he somehow through his leg in front of a goal-bound effort in the final minute to ensure victory for Drumoghill. Drumoghill had earlier taken the lead when Richard Moore’s long ball was latched onto by the speedy Liam O’Donnell and the striker cum winger calmly rounded the keeper and slotted home to put his side into the lead on 18 minutes. Referee: Mick Lagan.Gweedore Celtic 3 Lifford Celtic 2Gweedore grabbed all three points against Lifford at wintry Screban .The home team had to do it the hard way, coming from a goal down and being wasteful in front of goal when opportunities arose. Lifford hit the front on ten minutes through Roulstone. The home team squandered numerous chances to draw level before Thomas Diver scored from a direct free just on half time. Ten minutes into the second half Gweedore were two ahead thanks to two quick strikes from Campbell and Diver. Almost immediately Lifford were back in it, again Roulstone the scorer. Gweedore had to hold Lifford at bay for most of the second half and it took a great stop from Christopher Sweeney in the 90th minute to ensure the points remained at home. Best for Gweedore Damien O’ Sullivan and Lee Ferry. For Lifford Roulstone and Gethins. Referee: Ed MooreWatson Hire Division OneLagan Harps 7 Dunkineely Celtic 1In a game reversed to Darney Park Lagan Harps were comfortable winners over a disappointing home team. The first twenty were evenly contested with the home team having the better of the chances. Lagan took the lead on 20 minutes when Kenny Doran scored from close range. Chris Toner added a second on 25 minutes before Dunkineely had a player sent off for a second bookable offence. Further goals from Toner and Kevin Kelly killed the game off by half time. Lagan continued to dominate in the second half. Two more goals from Kevin Kelly, one a fine free-kick and one from Michael Devlin completed the Lagan scoring. James Byrne scored a late consolation for the home team. Referee John Coyle.Curragh Athletic 0 Castlefin Celtic 10Castlefin Celtic produced a lethal performance in hammering a depleted Curragh Athletic side in the first Division of the Donegal League. Understrength Curragh were a few short due to injuries and ended up more depleted before kick-off due to late but unavoidable work commitments. High flying Castlefin were three up at the break thanks to goals from Emmet Whyte, Peter Bryson and Travis Lafferty and completed the route thanks to goals from JP Malley (3), I. Ward (2), Fergal Mc Nulty and Michael Dunnion. Credit to both teams and in particular some underage and Saturday team players who turned out for the home side. Referee: P. Martin.Gweedore United 3 Copany Rovers 1This game played in windy conditions in Gweedore saw the home side claim the three points following a good second half performance. A strong Copany side came to Carrickboyle and were very difficult to break down. United hit the post on three minutes, a good shot from John Mc Fadden. There were early chances at both ends with David Graham and Rodger Leonard bringing the best out in Shaun Mc Clafferty in the United nets and Ciaran Mc Fadden and John Mc Fadden going close for the home side. United broke the deadlock in the 27th minute when a Paul Duggan corner was headed into the top corner by Michael Connolly to make it 1-0. In the second half the home side got on top and extended their lead in the 53rd minute when Shane O’ Donnell scored a penalty after Ciaran Mc Fadden was brought down. It was 3-0 in the 74th minute when Ciaran Mc Fadden finished past Christy Price in the Copany nets after good play from John Mc Fadden. The visitors pulled one back in the 90th minute when Ryan Johnston finished from close range. David Graham and Rodger Leonard played well for Copany with Paul Duggan and John Mc Fadden excelling for United.CT Ball Division TwoRaphoe Town 3 Dunlewey Celtic 1Raphoe Town rolled out a wintery welcome to Dunlewey Celtic on a cold bitter day in Raphoe. Dunlewey started this game well and were pushing Raphoe back in the first 20 minutes without really troubling keeper Paul Carberry. Raphoe came back into it after this and played some good football but were missing that final pass when it mattered. The second half was all Raphoe as they pressed the visitors back for long periods and it was no surprise when Keelan Gillen broke the deadlock after he broke through the defence and finished expertly. The same player scored 10 minutes later, a fantastic goal from an impossible angle to give Raphoe a two goal cushion. He nearly made it three when he went on a fantastic run only to be stopped by a fantastic save from the Dunlewey keeper. Dunlewey got a penalty with five minutes to go and Roarty put it away with confidence. Dunlewey were pushing now but got caught on the break when young Craig Kelly broke from the halfway line and finished like a pro. Raphoe had a few more chances after this but will be happy to have collected the three points. team performance from Dunlewey with Gary mc Cullagh and Emmett Kelly best for Raphoe Town. Referee: Michael Mulhern.Convoy Arsenal 2 Glenree United 1Both teams came into this game in good form and the match started at a high tempo with Glenree putting pressure on the Convoy backline and Convoy looking dangerous on the counter. Convoy started to get a bit more control midway through the half and they got the breakthrough on the half hour mark when Johnny Robb cooly backheeled the ball home after a dangerous Jason Elliott corner wasn’t cleared properly. Glenree tried to get a quick reply with a few long range efforts but Chris O’ Donnell in the Convoy goal handled everything comfortably. The second half started much the same as the first with Glenree battling hard and stopping Convoy getting any rhythm going. Convoy were then punished on the hour mark when a shot from outside the box was saved by Chris O’ Donnell but the rebound was knocked in by the Glenree frontman. This seemed to be the wake-up call that Convoy needed and they upped the tempo straight from the restart. The Glenree goal was breached in the 68th minute after some fine work down the convoy right lead to Gary Brolly stroking in a fine Darren Harvey cutback. Convoy pushed on in search of the third goal that would have taken the pressure off but it never arrived leading to a very nervy last ten minutes with Glenree throwing everything at the Convoy defence. Convoy managed to see out the game with Conor Cairns exceptional until the final whistle. Convoy go back on top of the table but its all looking very much to play for coming into the final few games. Best for Convoy were Paul O’ Leary and Conor Cairns with a really solid team performance from Glenree. Referee: Joe Mc Hugh.ResultsOld Orchard Saturday Division OneArranmore United 0 v 3 Erne WanderersGlencar Celtic 0 v 0 St. Catherines ReservesCastlefin Celtic Reserves A v A Donegal Town ReservesGlenree United Reserves 1 v 7 Orchard F.C.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoMilford United Reserves 2 v 2 Curragh Athletic ReservesCranford United Reserves Av A Drumbar F.C.Ramelton Mariners 2 v 0 Drumoghill F.C. ReservesTullyvinney Rovers A v A Keadue Rovers ReservesBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionSt. Catherines 1 v 1 Kildrum TigersDrumoghill F.C. 2 v 1 Glenea UnitedGweedore Celtic 3 v 2 Lifford CelticCappry Rovers P v P Donegal TownWatson Hire Division OneKilmacrennan Celtic P v P Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.Lagan Harps 7 v 1 Dunkineely CelticCurragh Athletic 0 v 10 Castlefin CelticGweedore United 3 v 1 Copany RoversCT Ball Division TwoLetterbarrow Celtic P v P Deele HarpsRaphoe Town 3 v 1 Dunlewey CelticBonagee United P v P Ballybofey UnitedConvoy Arsenal 2 v 1 Glenree UnitedKnockalla CupCockhill Celtic 4 v 0 Rathmullan CelticFixturesSaturday 07-03-2015 K.O. 2p.m. (Unless Stated)Old Orchard Saturday Division OneArranmore United v Donegal Town Reserves (1 p.m.)Fintown Harps AFC v Glencar CelticGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoStrand Rovers v Drumoghill F.C. ReservesRamelton Mariners v Curragh Athletic ReservesDowntown CupSt. Catherines Reserves v Drumbar F.C.Downtown Cup Quarter FinalsKeadue Rovers Reserves v Castlefin Celtic Reserves (1.30 p.m.)Orchard F.C. v Glenea United Reserves (1.30 p.m.)Erne Wanderers v Mulroy CelticSunday 08-03-2015 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionDrumoghill F.C. v Rathmullan CelticCappry Rovers v Lifford CelticGlenea United v Kildrum TigersGweedore Celtic v Donegal TownWatson Hire Division OneCastlefin Celtic v Kilmacrennan CelticDunkineely Celtic v Curragh AthleticKeadue Rovers v Lagan HarpsWhitestrand United v Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.CT Ball Division TwoBallybofey United v Convoy ArsenalDeele Harps v Eany CelticDONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL YOUR REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: March 1st, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *